NYSIF PAYGO is a simple and convenient way for eligible policyholders to pay their workers’ compensation insurance through approved payroll processors.
Why NYSIF PAYGO?
- Eliminates down payment requirements
- Calculates premium based upon actual payroll
- Calculates more accurate premium payments, resulting in smaller audit adjustments
- Allows policyholders to match payments to cash flow
How Do I Enroll in NYSIF PAYGO?
Using information from your payroll processor, NYSIF PAYGO will calculate workers’ compensation premium based on actual payroll for the period. Most payroll processors are approved by InsurePay, NYSIF’s software provider, to provide NYSIF PAYGO to eligible policyholders. Additionally, if you use Paychex for your payroll service, you may enroll directly with them on their website.
Visit InsurePay to see if your payroll provider is approved. If not, your payroll processor can contact InsurePay at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-951-5469 to be added. Note: Payroll processor ADP is not participating in NYSIF PAYGO at this time.
Once you've emailed NYSIF about participating in NYSIF PAYGO, you will receive an email from InsurePay explaining how to complete enrollment. Once you are successfully enrolled, InsurePay will collect payroll information from your payroll processor, and calculate and remit premium payments to NYSIF.
Who Can Participate in NYSIF PAYGO?
- Most new or renewal policies
- Annual premium must be larger than $2,000 for all contracting codes (excludes roofing and certain other contracting codes)
Please note that participation is subject to NYSIF underwriting approval and acceptance of the NYSIF PAYGO Terms and Conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q. Can enrollment occur at anytime?
- Policyholders are eligible to enroll at policy issuance or renewal.
- Q. Is there a fee to enroll in NYSIF PAYGO?
- NYSIF does not charge a fee for the program. However, payroll companies may assess a small fee.
- Q. Will a policyholder receive a bill from NYSIF while on this plan?
- Policyholders will not receive a bill unless there is a balance related to a prior period.
- Q. Will NYSIF require audits for NYSIF PAYGO clients?
- NYSIF will continue to audit policies, but we expect the amount of time and work related to audits to decrease significantly.