Estimated Audits: Something to Avoid
By having your workers' compensation payroll verification (or audit) conducted onsite or remotely in the time required, your premium will be as accurate and cost-effective as possible.
In the case of missed appointments, insufficient records, or not responding to our requests for an appointment, NYSIF may have to conduct an estimated payroll verification for you. This can result in workers' compensation premiums that are higher than otherwise should be if a proper payroll verification was conducted.
How to Avoid an Estimated Payroll Verification
- If you cannot keep your payroll verification appointment, contact your NYSIF auditor immediately or use PASS to reschedule.
- Provide the auditor with all audit documents requested in your appointment letter.
- Notify NYSIF immediately of changes to your audit-related information, including changes to any of the following:
- Audit locations/addresses
- Audit contact, audit contact phone numbers or email addresses
If a remote payroll verification is preferable to you, you have two convenient options:
- Virtual Payroll Verification: Complete your payroll verification via videoconference with a NYSIF auditor using Microsoft Teams.*
- Audit Document Upload: Submit your documents online at nysif.com/auditupload. Once we receive your documents, NYSIF will conduct the payroll verification in-house and then contact you to review the results
For Policyholders Who Self-Report
If you received a notice from NYSIF regarding self-reporting, see Self-Reporting for information on completing the report and on avoiding a NYSIF-generated estimate.
*The trademarks MICROSOFT, MICROSOFT TEAMS, and related trademarks/logos are the trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. There is no affiliation between NYSIF and Microsoft, nor are NYSIF products and services endorsed or sponsored by Microsoft.