The New York Workers' Compensation Formulary (NY WC Formulary) becomes effective on Thursday, December 5, 2019, for all new prescriptions. The Formulary lists the medications eligible for reimbursement under a claimant’s workers' comp medical coverage.
Beginning December 5, 2019, all new prescriptions for injured workers in New York State must be listed within the Formulary unless an alternative medication has been approved through the NYS Workers' Compensation Board's new prior authorization process. Effective December 5, 2019, the electronic prior authorization process will be available to registered providers and carriers/self-insured employers through the Board's Medical Portal.
Please visit the Board's Drug Formulary Overview webpage for:
- An overview of the NY WC Formulary and the prior authorization process
- The latest version of the NY WC Formulary (effective December 5, 2019)
- A video overview for medical providers
- A Quick Guide to the NY WC Formulary
- An NY WC Formulary Dashboard Guide for Medical Providers
Information and resources related to the Board's Medical Portal are available on the Board's Medical Portal Overview webpage.
For more information:
- General Formulary questions: email WCBFormularyQuestions@wcb.ny.gov
- Technical Support questions: email WCBCustomerSupport@wcb.ny.gov
- Subscribe to receive email notifications at: http://www.wcb.ny.gov/notify
Beginning June 5, 2020, all refills and renewals must comply with the Formulary. We urge claimants to discuss their medications with their health care providers to determine if their medication is reimbursable under their workers’ comp medical coverage and make appropriate changes as necessary.